Renewing your Florida Medical License
As a Florida physician, you have worked hard to get where you are today in the medical field. You take pride in being the kind of doctor who helps numerous people every day. Even though being a doctor keeps you busy and you work long hours, it is extremely important that you do not neglect having your Florida medical license renewed. This can be costly to both you and your professional responsibilities. By not having your Florida physician license renewed, it can prevent you from being able to provide medical attention to individuals who need it, especially right now during the COVID-19 pandemic. In addition, this can cause you to lose patients who depend on your care, because they are forced turn to another doctor or facility for care.
Requirements to Renew your Florida Medical License
- Completed Florida Medical License Renewal Application
- Evidence that you have practiced medicine or have been on the active teaching faculty of an accredited medical school for at least two years of the immediately preceding four years*
- Verification of your current status relating to prescribing controlled substances for the treatment of chronic nonmalignant pain
- Required fees (renewal and background screen fees).
- Your current primary place of practice address
- Verification of your practitioner profile
- Complete the financial responsibility form
- Confirmation of required continuing education hours (see below)
- Completion of Physician Workforce Survey
Continuing Education (CE/CME) Requirements
If you are renewing your license for the first time you are exempt from the general CME requirement and are only required to complete 2 hours of Preventing Medical Errors and 1 hour of HIV/AIDS. Rule 64B8-13.005, Florida Administrative Code, requires the Prevention of Medical Errors course to contain the five most mis-diagnosed medical conditions in Florida for the previous two years. Currently those conditions are: cancer related issues; neurological/spine related issues; cardiac/stroke related issues; infectious/communicable diseases; pulmonary related issues.
- 38 Hours General AMA Approved Credits.
- 2 Hours Medical Error (must include information regarding the 5 most mis-diagnosed conditions, in accordance with Rule 64B8-13.005, F.A.C.).
- 2 Hours Domestic Violence (Every 3rd Renewal Period).
- 2 Hours Controlled Substance Prescribing Course – Required for medical doctors who are registered with the United States DEA. Must complete prior to January 31, 2019 and each subsequent renewal.
- 1 Hour Human Trafficking – Each licensee or certificate holder shall complete a board-approved, 1 hour continuing education course on human trafficking. The course may be included in the total general hours required and must be completed by January 1, 2021. Required in accordance with Section 456.0341, Florida Statutes.*Note: The 1 hour of Human Trafficking is included in the required general hours.
- First-time renewers must also complete (1) hour of HIV/AIDS. Every physician licensed pursuant to Chapter 458, F.S., shall be required to complete 40 hours of continuing medical education courses approved by the Board in the 24 months preceding each biennial renewal period as established by the Department. As part of every third biennial renewal licensure period, all licensees shall complete two (2) hours of training in domestic violence.
We Simplify the Florida Medical License Renewal Process
We realize that renewing your Florida medical license can be a timely or confusing process, however there is a solution. You can turn to well-established Florida medical licensing professionals that specialize in providing a physician license renewal service for assistance.
Our specialists at Medical License Pro can simplify the Florida physician license renewal process for you, because we have the experience and knowledge to get your license renewed quickly & efficiently. Applying to renew your Florida medical license can be a complex, time-consuming process.
Medical License Pro is experienced in physician license renewals in all 50 states. We know the ins-and-outs, the specific requirements of each state, and how to make it a fast, painless procedure for our clients.
With the rising number of Florida physician license renewal services available, how does Medical License Pro stand apart?
Benefits of Utilizing Our Physician Licensing Renewals Service:
- Automatic: We remind you that we are auto-renewing your physicians license on your behalf.
- Our professionals will update any new information on your behalf.
- We ensure all information is correct before completing the application.
- Our specialists submits all documentation to the State Medical Board for you.
- No more tedious renewal tracking or paperwork to keep track of.
- Stress-free: No worries about forgetting to renew your Physician’s License again!
A Service to Renew Your Florida Medical License Made Fast & Easy!
When you turn to the experts at Medical License Pro, you can have peace of mind in knowing you made the right choice. Our professionals specialize in assisting medical professionals with obtaining or renewing their physicians license in all 50 states. Our goal is to provide you with an accurate, fast, and simple completion of your physician license renewal application, as well as the swift handling of your Credential Verifications or any other services related to the renewal of your physician’s license.
Avoid Unnecessary Delays, Costs and Frustration! Forgetting to renew your physician’s license can be a costly mistake! Our Physician’s License Auto-Renewal Service is designed to work with you when renewal time comes around. We will notify you when the renewal period is at hand and process the renewal paperwork through the state medical board. You only pay the maintenance fee in the year the renewal is due.